Issue after upgrade to Concourse 4.2.1

We upgraded concourse to 4.2.1 from 3.14.1. when logging to concourse with username/password for one of the teams no pipelines are displayed and browser becomes unresponsive [chrome- Version 69.0.3497.100]

It works fine for the other teams. We are able to see the pipelines from fly pipelines command.

Can you suggest how I should go about debugging this issue?

Thanks

Hi pradhanm,

from major version 3.x to 4.x a lot changed in regards to authentication.

Could you give us more details how you deployed Concourse?
(IaaS, Kubernetes/Docker/BOSH etc…)

We are running several Concourse cluster in production and deployed it with https://github.com/concourse/concourse-bosh-deployment without problems.

best,
D

@pradhanm check that team’s pipelines, they might have a cyclic passed constraint, which causes concourse to go into an infinite loop when trying to render the pipeline graph

@pnsantos Thanks for the information. We were able to isolate the pipeline that had the cyclic passed constraint. Once it was removed we were able to see the other pipelines. In the previous version, only the pipeline that had the problem was impacted but seems like it impacts the whole team now.

We are using BOSH deployment too. It was problem with one of the pipelines that had cyclic passed constraint and after it was removed we can see the other pipelines.

Thanks

i had that problem as well once and it took me a while to figure it out. Concourse should not allow to upload this pipelines…