Constant errors on Worker reload

Hi All,

Recently restarted my concourse worker and now when it runs any job it gets this error:

runc run: exit status 1: container_linux.go:346: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:449: container init caused \"rootfs_linux.go:46: preparing rootfs caused \\\"invalid argument\\\"\""

Any ideas? Normally on restart it takes a while to get all the refs for the resources i.e.all yellow resources however eventually stablises and is back up running as norm?

Thanks in advance

This looks like garden (the container manager) hasn’t started properly. I don’t understand it well enough to say exactly what’s happening though. You could try restarting the worker again to see if it resolves itself. If not you can join CloudFoundry slack (if you aren’t already a member) and ask about this error in the #garden channel.

Can I not restart the garden service manually? much like a concourse worker/web service?

Garden is baked into the Concourse binary. I don’t know if it would be visible as a separate process on the worker.