I’m currently trying to make the following setup running:
One docker-compose file for everything:
- Harbor docker registry (with its several services)
My endpoint service is called “harbor” and reacts on port 8080 (no https)
- concourse (web, worker, db)
The setup itself is working with harbor.
If i make docker login from my host i can login and push images.
However it seems that there are DNS problems in the concourse worker.
The problem is that the hostname is not recognized and therefore concourse tries to login to docker hub.
What i am trying to do is using the docker-image resource and do a put on this private registry. I defined it like this:
- name: image-builder type: docker-image source: repository: harbor:8080/library/builder-image username: ((registry_user)) password: ((registry_password)) insecure_registries: [ "harbor:8080" ]
My put step looks like this:
- put: image-builder params: build: source/builder-image/docker/ dockerfile: ssource/builder-image/docker/Dockerfile tag_as_latest: true
- docker login localhost:8080 (on my host)
- logging into the worker container and using ping, nslookup on the name ‘harbor’. Even netcat shows that port 8080 is open.
- using the IP address i got from ping or nslookup for the harbor instance works and lets me login and push the image
So this setup is working:
- name: image-builder type: docker-image source: repository: 192.168.123.32:8080/library/builder-image username: ((registry_user)) password: ((registry_password)) insecure_registries: [ "192.168.123.32:8080" ]
I tried playing with differen settings for the worker but it simply does not work.
CONCOURSE_GARDEN_DNS_PROXY_ENABLE: "true" CONCOURSE_WORKER_GARDEN_DNS_PROXY_ENABLE: "true"
What am i doing wrong?