we are happy to announce
cogito, a new Concourse GitHub status resource.
We wrote cogito because we wanted a robust and fast resource. We are using it in production since a few months.
Written in Go, it has the following characteristics:
- As lightweight as possible (Docker Alpine image).
- Extensive test suite.
- Autodiscovery of configuration parameters.
- No assumptions on the git repository (for example, doesn’t assume that the default branch is
mainor that branch
- Helpful error messages when something goes wrong with the GitHub API.
- Configurable logging for the three steps (check, in, out) to help troubleshooting.
- Boilerplate code generated with ofcourse